Senior 3D Environment Artist - Unannounced Project
1 month ago
Who are we?
Have you ever wanted to build something that helps others create and explore? Have you ever wanted to be a part of a team that genuinely wants to help players share their creative ideas, dreams and visions with millions of other players at the same time? Right now, we’re searching for a Senior 3D Environment Artist to join the team doing exactly that! We’re building what we truly believe is the future of creative gaming, giving the players a plethora of design tools to create games, experiences and more. Once creators are happy with what they’re building, they can share it with others, securely, knowing full well their creation is safe and more importantly - theirs.
With ground-breaking technologies available to you as a part of Ringtail, this team is unique. We are extremely excited by what we are building and if what you’ve read so far has you feeling that way too, then we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are looking for a Senior 3D Environment Artist with experience in the mobile gaming space and the ability of an ‘all-rounder’. Our project is ambitious and you will be one of the senior positions in building up the actual 3D world. Working closely with the Art Director, you will be responsible of building up the 3D works of environments and props of the massive world we want to create. This includes modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, lighting, and rendering.
Your day-to-day as a Senior 3D Environment Artist
- Collaborating closely with the Art Director and Leads on multiple aspects of game art creation, including modelling, texturing, lighting, and rendering
- Creating visually stunning props and environments
- Being a mentor for our junior artists, contributing on their professional journey by giving constructive feedback and helping them grow
- Delivering high-quality art assets and ensuring their efficient integration in the game
- Helping create and maintain art and technical pipelines
- Experience with providing 3D works in a full cycle for PC game
- Knowledge of the entire 3D pipeline, and modelling as strongest talent
- A love for stylized 3D works (Mid core) rather than realistic art
- Experience making environments, and props with PC level optimization
- Expert level of 3D software like Blender, Substance Painter - Designer, Unity3D
- Expert level knowledge of Topology and UVmap
- Expert level of using Unity3D for implementation, optimization, animation, and lighting
- A team player rather than a lone wolf
- A portfolio that demonstrates and highlights your best work in games
Good to have
- 6+ years of PC game experience with multiple different projects
- Willingness to learn new skills, and adopt new software quick
- Good artistic eyes and imagination to make 3D models come alive based on limited references
- As a gamer, you bring art ideas from your gaming experiences
- Start-up game development studio experience
- Ability to take ownership of responsibilities
- Good interpersonal and team-work skills
- Open to feedback
- Collaborative and consensus-driven approach
About Ringtail Interactive
At Ringtail Interactive, we are consistently pushing the boundaries of what is possible for a small but fast-growing development team. We currently have three different departments working on a variety of projects; from a high-quality game platform for creators of all kinds, to a top-secret, cutting edge game development tool that we believe will change the industry forever, and more.
The company is made up of a diverse group of experienced professionals from all around the world united by a passion for games. As we continue to build the core of the team, we will be taking big next steps on defining the future development of our projects, and all of our employees will get the opportunity to have an impact on the products we show to the world.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.