Senior 3D Environment Artist - UK ONLY
16 days ago
We’re looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join Silent Games, a Double A game development studio based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne with a focus on RPG games that give players a sense of autonomy, mastery and purpose. As a Senior Environment Artist, you’d work with our experienced Environment Art team to create high quality 3D environments and assets, with the aim of creating an engaging world through environmental storytelling. Our game is a new IP that is realistic in style, with a cross between high fantasy and sci-fi aesthetics.
• Collaborate with our existing Environment Art team to create visually stunning and immersive environments for the game.
• Create high-quality 3D assets and textures, including terrain, buildings, props, and other environmental elements.
• Ensure that all assets are optimized for performance and meet technical requirements for Unreal Engine 5.
• Work closely with the Level Design team to ensure that environments are designed to support gameplay mechanics and create a cohesive player experience.
• Highly experienced 3D Environment Artist with specific video game development experience.
• Strong understanding of 3D modelling, texturing, and lighting principles.
• Strong portfolio showcasing your environment art skills and ability to create immersive and realistic worlds.
• Ability to work autonomously and prioritise work effectively.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Passion for Action RPG games
• Experience with console development
• Experience working with Unreal Engine
You must be able to work in the UK, we do not provide VISA sponsorships for this role.
- 24 holidays + bank holidays + 2 community volunteering days annually
- Private Healthcare including Dental Cashback and Mental Heath support
- Annual Fitness & Wellbeing Allowance
- Metro Travel Pass Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Christmas Bonus
- Christmas Studio Closure
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Relocation Assistance
- Easy Metro & Train Access
Silent Games is a game development studio with a focus on RPG games that give players a sense of autonomy, mastery and purpose. Based in the heart of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, we’re building a studio with an aim to foster an open, transparent relationship with our players that will allow us to create high quality Double A games for years to come. If this sounds like something that appeals to you, then check out our roles below or get in touch with a speculative application!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.