This job might no longer be available.
Senior 3D Environment Artist - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
10 days ago
Team Name:Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Job Title:Senior 3D Environment Artist - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a dedicated and well-rounded Senior 3D Environment Artist to join us on an unannounced mobile project! For this opportunity, we are looking for a creative, agile and passionate 3D modeler who has a strong sense of asset readability in the context of mobile gameplay. Our team is smaller in size but big on ambition and we are hoping to find someone who is comfortable with multi-discipline 3D modeling work. The primary workload will involve creating beautiful 3D environment art but having the ability to take assets from concept ideation to final model completion will be a big plus. Experience with switching between the needs of several workflow pipelines (primarily environments and props) will also empower our ability to create the most engaging experience possible. Lastly, a positive collaborative mindset with excellent communication skills are qualities we look for in a teammate who can help create a united vision for a mobile project that can capture the fun and immersive standard that we hope to achieve with every Blizzard title!
If you feel you could be a great fit for this opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We have transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Experience making aesthetically beautiful and performant 3D game assets that maintain or enhance the mood and story being told by the concept art
- Strong collaborative skills with everyone involved in your environments that will ensure an optimal player experience
- High proficiency level with Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Strong ability to create stylized hand-painted materials
- Experience with game art optimization (using mesh topology, sculpting and texture methods)
- A passionate, positive and problem-solving approach for game development
- Minimum 5 years of experience in professional game development as a 3D modeling artist focused on environments
- Strong player empathy and the desire to create art that will provide the best player experience
- Experience working with the Unity game engine
- Experience with mobile game development
- 2D concepting skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with Blizzard’s art styles
Required Application Materials:
- Online portfolio of professional 3D work (personal work is also a plus)
- Must be willing to take an art assessment (all candidates will have an assessment for this position)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We have worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.