3D Character Artist - Echtra
7 days ago
Echtra Games is looking for a 3D Character Artist to join our growing team for a new cross platform ARPG project.
We are a small game studio in San Francisco with a team of veteran game developers. At Echtra, we value diversity and support work-life balance.
Must include portfolio in application.
- Sculpt high-resolution 3D characters and equipment.
- Model, UV, and texture organic and hard surface 3D assets for use in real-time game engine.
- Work with other departments to keep artwork stylistically consistent.
- Modify and improve existing game assets.
- Provide feedback to outsource partners and implement assets into Unreal 4.
- A portfolio showcasing a strong understanding of 3D character creation.
- Expertise with Maya or similar 3D modeling software.
- Expertise using ZBrush and Substance Painter.
- 3+ years of industry experience in games as a Character Modeler with at least one shipped title
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy.
- Strong problem solving skills and a good eye required.
- Strong Understanding of both PBR texture/material workflows and stylized texture painting techniques.
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills and a great team-player attitude.
- Works well in a collaborative environment.
- Able to take direction from the Leads and Supervisors and feedback from the Directors.
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience using Substance Designer.
- Experience with RPG character customization systems.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Flexible working hours
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.