Senior 3D Environment Artist - League, Summoner’s Rift
9 days ago
As part of the Environment Art team, you will channel your knowledge of concepting, modeling, and texturing to help tell stories through visually compelling environments. Working within both design and technical constraints you will build optimized environments that elevate the purpose and mood of the game. Your craft expertise and eye for structure, form, shape language, and design will help develop and build fantastic new worlds for our players to explore.
As a 3D Environment Artist III on the Summoner’s Rift team you will report to a 3D Character Art Manager. Your sculpting skills, artistic eye, and understanding of anatomy, composition, form, and color will be used to create 3D assets to help refine League of Legends visual art style. You will work closely with Product and Delivery Leads, to stay aligned on vision and priorities. Using your craft expertise and high-level collaboration, you’ll work with an experienced and passionate team to deliver immersive and enriching experiences to players.
- Create 3D Art using a combination of modeling, procedural and hand crafted texturing.
- Create modular environment tilesets, key assets and props in League of Legend’s art style and visual bar.
- Use Z-Brush along with Substance Designer/Painter to create 3D assets in League’s art style that are baseline procedurally textured and then polished with hand painted textures.
- Work with Tech Art to create and export assets to the game engine.
- Provide timely feedback and paintovers to team members and outsourcers to help guide them in producing high quality assets aligned with the vision of the product.
- Collaborate with Concept, Tech art, Animation VFX, and Narrative, Audio, Design and Engineering teams to create resonating visuals that enhance the player experience in League of Legends.
- Drive the development and documentation for standard operating procedures.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with Production and other Craft leads.
- 5+ years’ experience creating 3D environment props and/or characters in games, animation, or related industries.
- Advanced skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Demonstrated a deep understanding of composition, form, color theory and anatomy.
- Demonstrated ability to create stylized characters through past professional or personal work samples.
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and skins universe
- Experience working with external vendors, giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear feedback
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit , and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).