Senior 3D Artist
15 days ago
System Era is looking for a highly motivated Senior 3D Artist with a well-rounded skill set to join the team and help shape the future of Astroneer. Coming from a strong generalist background, the ideal candidate should be ready to hit the ground running in order to start creating a wide variety of content. Art tasks may range from creating everything from bizarre alien plants to near future visions of space faring technology and even striking Astroneer suit cosmetics. We are looking for someone who is extremely creative, not only in terms of their artistic abilities, but also with their approach to problem solving. As a Senior artist on the team it is expected that this person can also work effectively and efficiently with minimal oversight. The team at System Era is highly collaborative, so strong communication and interpersonal skills are just as important as a robust creative toolkit . Each member of the team is responsible for contributing to the growth and well being of the project and studio through open and honest discussion.
While we prefer working in a hybrid model, System Era supports a variety of work routines to match the needs of our team, including permanent remote work within the US and Canada.
Compensation package includes salary, benefits with full medical and dental coverage for employee and dependents, 401k with company match, participation in profit sharing and equity plans, discretionary bonuses, as well as relocation assistance for those interested in moving to Washington state. The base salary range for this position is $100,000-$115,000 depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. We look for candidates who value joining a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints so we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification, as long as you believe you have something positive to contribute.
Applications for this position will close at 9am PDT on 10/09/2023 We will notify candidates of their application status shortly after that date.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to maintain a consistent visual style for all Astroneer content
- Work closely with the art, design, and engineering teams to create new content for Astroneer
- Act as feature owner for specific art focused features or content sets
- Provide constructive feedback to other members of the art team, both internally and externally
- Refine and integrate existing and outsourced assets while maintaining quality goals
- Serve as a representative for the art team in planning and implementation discussions
- Work with leads and production to track and estimate tasks
- Create and maintain documentation on various content systems or features
- Actively engage in playtest sessions and provide quality feedback about the experience
- Proficient with 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Unreal Engine 4
- Solid generalist with proficiency in organic models, hard surface, characters, etc.
- Strong understanding of 3D game asset pipelines including modeling, texturing, and integration
- Can interpret artistic direction and work within a set art style, with or without concept designs
- Able to create high quality assets that effectively communicate complex gameplay goals
- Solid understanding of Unreal Engine material graphs
- Strong visual design sensibilities and a general understanding of UX design
- Good time management skills and an ability to balance content quality with roadmap goals
- Self-motivated, strong communication skills and capable of problem solving creative challenges
- Comfortable working in a smaller studio and taking on a wide variety of tasks
- Effectively handle feedback and be able to respond in a meaningful way
Nice to Have:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ Years industry experience
- In depth understanding of Astroneer’s art style
- Basic understanding of Unreal Engine Blueprint system
- Basic animation skills and an ability to create assets with final animation in mind
- Traditional or digital 2D illustration skills
- An interest in science fiction, aerospace, and space exploration