Senior 3D Artist
10 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is seeking an exceptionally skilled Senior 3D Artist who demonstrates a strong understanding of how light, shadow, and color set the tone of an environment as well as guide the player. This position requires a creative and technically proficient approach to lighting based on gameplay, vision and conceptual illustrations.
**All applicants must include a link to portfolio
- Work closely with the Art Director and team to create beautiful 3D worlds and assets.
- Model high resolution game environments and props.
- Have a high Level of Materials/Shaders to achieve realistic object Shaders
- Excellent texturing/uv skills
- Excels in scene lighting and rendering techniques
- Work with art director, artists, and designers to create compelling lighting for a variety of environments. while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game.
- Collaborate with art director to develop specific color grading looks.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.
- Must have very strong scene lighting abilities.
- Candidates with mobile/game experience will be highly considered
- Expert level understanding of Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a results-driven environment.
- The ideal candidate should be able to solve problems across multiple platforms and pipelines
- Experience with V-Ray is a plus
- Traditional 2D skills are a plus.
- Unity experience is a bonus, but not required.
- A passion for gaming
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.