Senior 3D Artist
6 days ago
CrowdStar is a Glu Mobile studio and now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our talented teams at Glu and EA position us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and deliver more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. Come join us!
At our CrowdStar studio, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and our goal is to build products which engage, empower and enrich lives. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we’re also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor.
CrowdStar prides itself on building products that push the line between App and Game. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating entertainment but also providing real value outside of the game. This studio is now in the early stages of creating its next big hit.
This role will work with the Art Director to visualize and bring to life realistic, high end 3D content for a new CrowdStar product. You have an eye for the elevated, luxury aesthetic as well as a deep technical knowledge of how to bring that vision to life on a mobile platform. You’ll help establish the guidelines, processes, standards and tools required to build and maintain a heavy content pipeline. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with a top notch proficiency in modeling, texturing, lighting and shaders and an established background in technical problem solving. You will be working at our in-house development studio in San Francisco, CA.
You’ll most often:
- Establish modeling, lighting, shading and scene creation standards for all 3D content
- Collaborate with the dev team to establish technical processes and solve challenges
- Model, texture, and light assets for prototypes and production
- Use Unity for layout, scene-building, and lighting
- Participate in R&D of new techniques and tools
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- A strong creative sensibility, a clear sense of style and polish, and discerning eye for the luxury aesthetic
- 3+ years experience in a senior or lead role building 3D content pipelines for mobile devices
- A versatility of style and an appreciation for art and design outside the world of games
- A passion for experimentation, collaboration and pushing boundaries
And your skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited Design or Game Art Program
- 8 years related experience
- Expert knowledge of Unity and implementing 3D assets into game engines
- Expert knowledge with 3D modeling and art software, such as: Maya, 3DS Max, Substance Designer/Painter, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated understanding of PBR material workflows
- A history of creative, technical problem-solving
- Experience inspiring, supporting and overseeing a small team
- Self-motivation and the ability to collaborate effectively within a fun and energetic team
**Please submit your portfolio with your application. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We cr ea te extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine cr ea tivity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for l ea rning and l ea ding that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on h ea lth and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity l ea ve, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.