Senior 3D Artist
18 days ago
As a Senior 3D Artist (Lead 3D Role) at Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Disney Magic Kingdoms and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- This is a 60/40 supervision/execution role: you will spend the majority of the time supervising tasks, giving feedback/notes, managing the performance of your team, tasking/scheduling but you will be also required to take on hands on tasks on a regular basis.
- Supervise and have ownership over the creation of 3D characters and environmental assets for mobile platforms while maintaining and pushing Gameloft’s high quality standards.
- Report to the Lead Artist for tasks, revisions, content pipeline/workflow, training and creative ideas.
- Take full ownership of your tasks, including but not limited to:
- Completing 3D related tasks in 3ds Max/Zbrush, proprietary tools and the game engine.
- Work with the production artists, designers and developers to ensure that 3D assets produced by your team are always game ready.
- Daily supervision of all the above mentioned tasks and resolution of tasking/scheduling, personal/professional conflicts quickly and effectively.
- Mentor and train 3D artists, help evaluate present employees by providing feedback for their performance reviews and participating in interviews of potential employees.
- Provide updates on the team’s progress to the Lead Artist, the Art Director and the Producer(s) through regular meetings, emails and reports.
- Supervise the testing and fixing of 3D assets in the build.
- Supervise your team’s Jira tasks and the timely committing of their work files.
- Execute and supervise the execution of clients (licensor/lead/supervisor) revisions on spec and on time.
- The ideal candidate for this role is a Sr. 3D character artist who is also experienced in environmental modeling.
- An up to date portfolio showcasing a wide range of stylized characters and environments with a focus on polished execution, please reference Disney Magic Kingdoms for reference.
- 8+ years of experience as a 3D production artist, 2+ in a supervising role.
- You are passionate about 3D content creation and all things that are game related.
- Expert knowledge of 3ds Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop.
- Expert in high-poly and low-poly modelling and strong knowledge of various texturing workflows.
- Experience training/coaching an art team.
- You have excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills; you are proactive and capable of working under minimal supervision.
- You are professionally and personally driven: you boldly embrace change and are always willing to grow and learn new things.
- Degree/Diploma in 3D Game Art or equivalent academic or professional experience.
- Previous professional experience in the gaming industry in a supervising/lead role is preferred.
What Gameloft Toronto can offer you?
- Work From Home wherever you are locatedfor an undetermined time due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation for work- life-balance
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- Mentorship program and Training Subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad.
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work? #Jointhegame
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.