Senior 3D Artist (Rocket League)
5 days ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Psyonix is seeking an experienced Senior 3D Artist to join our art team. Our ideal candidate is creative, self-motivated, and has knowledge of game development processes. All applicants must include wireframe models, including textures and breakdown descriptions.
In This Role You Will
- Create a wide array of hard surface and organic models
- Have a strong comprehension of design (real world and fictional)
- Work within budget of engine and console limitations
- Create assets properly scaled to real world accuracy and standards
- Adhere to the look and feel of the game through the team’s feedback
- Collaborate with other departments including design, programming and animation
What We're Looking For
- Complete understanding of modeling, texturing and optimization of assets through next gen pipeline
- Proficiency with Maya, Max, Substance, Zbrush, Photoshop and equivalent software
- Experience working on a large scale, 3D title (PC/Console) is preferred
- Strong understanding of asset pipelines and agile development environments
- Nextgen game engine experience - Unreal, Unity, etc
- Clean topology modeling methods and strong attention to detail
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice To Have Skills
- Solid foundation in art fundamentals of composition, design, light, etc
- Desire and ability to work in a self-directed, fast paced work environment
- Ability to visualize and conceptualize props
- Attention to development pipelines and target milestones
- Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with the latest technology and new techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be part of something Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.