Senior 3D Artist [Beyond Good And Evil 2] (f/m/d)
11 days ago
Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As a Senior 3D Artist on our team, you are an expert in creating high quality buildings, environments, landscape elements and game objects which bring the artistic vision of our game to life.
From design, prototyping and creating high quality 3D assets, mentoring other artist, and close cooperation with your lead as well as concept artists, you shape the universe of Beyond Good And Evil 2.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the lead artist understand the overall game vision and quality goals
- Design, prototype and create AAA quality game assets, while staying organized and meeting agreed deadlines
- Work closely with concept artists, the lead artist and the content director to discuss and internalize the game’s vision and intentions ; study visual references and perform independent artistic research for further inspiration
- Iterate to improve your work based on feedback from your lead and interdependent team members
- Assess planned 3D assets with the lead artist and production to establish time and planning estimates as well as priorities
- Build road maps for content creation; ensure the technical and artistic quality of final deliveries and oversee necessary optimization
- Act as a direction-providing mentor for other 3D artists
What you bring:
- At least 7 years of experience in 3D Art (ideally within video games); Creating 3D models and textures
- Outstanding knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop
- Great technical understanding of 3D creation processes
- Creative mindset with a very good eye for details
- Strong texturing and drawing skills
- Ability to deliver high- and low poly assets
- Ability to get best results using normal maps and material usage
- Interest and ability to mentor other artists
- Good command of spoken and written English
*Experience with mudbox or zbrush is a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio with a breakdown of your best and most fitting work – seriously, show us your process and why you are a great fit! (attach work samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.