Senior 3D Animator
San Francisco CA us
6 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create high quality 3D animations for humans, animals and creatures
- Deliver high quality hand key and motion capture enhanced animations for body and face within complex animation systems using Motionbuilder and Maya
- R&D relevant technologies and best practices to support the animation pipelines
- Prototype new features in the engine
- Verify in-game animation quality with the Art and Animation Directors and adapt according to feedback
- Collaborate with Technical Artists to design custom rigs and skeletons
- Work with Art Director, Animation Director and Lead Artists to understand the high quality objectives and ensure animation style consistency across the game
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks and meet production deadlines
- Act as mentor for junior animators
- Interact with insourcing/outsourcing studios for feedback.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Senior level experience as a game development animator within the video games industry
- Shipped at least 2 AAA published games on console
- Excellent knowledge of human and animal anatomy and motion
- Excellent hand key animation skills focusing on strong posing, timing and sense of weight in a variety of animation styles
- Excellent knowledge of Motionbuilder with strong knowledge of Maya
- Good technical skills involving character and animation pipelines including rigging and engine integration
- Up to date knowledge of current animation techniques and development processes
- Outsourcing pipeline experience and feedback a huge plus.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.