Senior 3D Animator [Anno] (f/m/d)
Mainz RP de
11 days ago
The Anno series delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare. Our team is now looking for a talented Senior 3D Animator (f/m/d) to join us at Ubisoft Mainz in Germany.
In this role you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with the major focus on creation and integration of 3D animation content in line with the vision and technology of the project
How you will make an impact:
- Deliver work in line with the artistic direction of the project;
- Create high quality hand keyed gameplay animations for face and body
- Establish animation standards and provide feedback for animation outsourcing
- Integrate animations into the game while ensuring technical constraints are met
- Participate in the creation and realization of in-game animations as well as of cinematic sequences
- Work independently to identify problems, work out details with other developers, and solve the problems
- Work alongside the other departments and disciplines to understand both design and engine related limitations
What experience you should offer:
- Expert in a 3D package 3DSMAX, Maya (Character Studio, Motion Builder)
- At least 3 years of experience in video game animation
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in games
- Strong understanding of animation principles — timing, weight and staging
- Deep understanding of human anatomy, physiological reactions, body language and proportions in character concepts in order to express character emotions through movement
- Good rigging skills, understanding all aspects of character rigging and skinning
- Very strong understanding of acting
- Great artistic skills
- Self-driven and proactive attitude, striving to continuously improve upon skill and qualifications
- Strong in critical analysis and problem solving
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in the context of given deadlines and quality requirements
- English - intermediate or higher
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
What we offer you:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, your salary expectations and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.