Senior Production Artist (Clipwire Games)
6 months ago
is one of Canada's largest video game companies and the creator of Bingo Story, the top grossing game by a Canadian developer. Founded in Toronto over 10 years ago, we’ve had tremendous success and are poised for another decade of record growth. Our company is built on strong values, work ethic and intelligent data driven growth. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day.
To work at Clipwire means becoming part of our future right now. We have reached our current growth rate because we support, promote and develop our team so that they can make great games. Come find out what all the buzz is about!
We are looking for a senior production artist with a minimum of 6 years in the mobile game industry and 3-5 years in a leadership role, to work on our top grossing game, Bingo Story, as well as future projects
- 5-8 years experience in the game industry as a production artist
- 2-3 top tier games shipped in the role of at least Intermediate Artist from a major studio
- You have an exceptional portfolio with links to live games you've worked on
- You know how to help other artists level up and have a track record of mentoring and coaching artists
- You command expert understanding of mood, lighting, color, shapes, composition, lighting, anatomy, material expression etc.
- You have experience establishing best practices
- Experience creating art style guides for a known published title
- You are able to sell your ideas successfully
- You have a solid understanding of game design and game mechanics and how these translate into great game art
- You have solid understanding of the Unity framework and game dev pipeline in a large multi-disciplinary studio environment
- You have experience with 3d asset and material creation a plus
- Professional level English is a must
- You are a storyteller at heart and it shows in your portfolio
- You communicate with clarity and conviction
- You constantly seek to push the quality to a next level
- You are an expert at creating best in class game ready art for mobile games
- You bring a wealth of best practices and the know-how to your teams
- You are a team player, with a flexible attitude
- You work independently with minimal supervision in a large multidisciplinary team, and are able to problem solve and think strategically in a cross disciplinary way
- You offer excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities autonomously
- You are passionate about casual mobile games and always have your finger on the pulse of the latest and greatest art styles and techniques in the industry
How To Apply
- Include a link to your online portfolio in your cover letter. Note if any work in your portfolio is collaborative please indicate which parts are yoursPlease be sure the link to your portfolio works. If there is no portfolio we won't be able to consider you for the role.
- $500 a year wellness spending account
- Paid sick days
- Competitive vacations based on industry experience
- Paid volunteer days
- Employee charity donation matching
- Phased in return for new parents
- Achievement of the month bonuses
- Free snacks and drinks
- A beautiful bright and stylish new office space on 2 floors in downtown Toronto
- Walking distance from union station
- Company funded social events (even virtual ones!)
- On-site and offsite training for career and skills development
Clipwire is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.