This job might no longer be available.
Security Specialist (SRE) – Programming
Montreal QC ca
9 days ago
The Security Specialist (SRE) (Programming) will develop tools, processes, and automation workflows within the incident response and threat detection mechanisms for the Harbour platform as well as act as a reference in security development practices within the SRE group and Harbour teams.
The daily life of a security specialist at Ubi Montreal
- Assess and understand security development requirements and assess their feasibility within a specific project or system.
- Analyze existing features in current tools and implement new features whenever necessary.
- Support the features and systems designed for security automation:
o Automated event analysis
o Security enrichment workflows
o Incident Response playbooks
- Development and maintenance of quality assurance tools such as:
o Source control
o Automated testing
o Monitoring & alerting
- Analyze and correct the defects identified by service users.
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (security staff, end-users) to understand how to use the systems and features.
What it takes to make it
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) *
- Around 2 years of experience in software programming in a team, ideally in the security industry, or any other relevant experience in programming Web API driven tools
- Relevant experience with:
- Agile methodology
- a version-control system such as Git
- Experience in:
- system administration (Linux) and hardening
- container development
- securing web applications (OWASP)
- implementing security monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Security expertise with:
- Cloud providers (GCP, AWS) via automation
- containers and orchestration
- Knowledge of:
- network concepts (DNS, routing protocols, firewalls, proxies, TCP/UDP, and higher-level protocols like HTTP)
- scripting languages such as Python, Bash
- development languages such as C#, Java or Go
- configuration management tools such as Ansible
- tests driven development methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure As A Code with tools such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD integration with multiple environment (Prod, Staging)
- Proficiency in using or managing a variety of open source technologies, databases, tools, and cloud services
- A results-oriented spirit
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Ability to resolve problems & take initiative
- A user-oriented focus & the ability to produce efficient documentation
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a global team
* A Security Automation and Orchestration platform certification, an asset
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background, experience, and skills.
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.