Security Software Engineer - Madden
14 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The EA SPORTS Security team supporting Madden HD helps make the games safe, secure, and fun by partnering with development teams, analyzing large volumes of data and responding to Security incidents. As a Security Software Engineer, you will partner with game developers, data scientists, fraud analysts, and other security software engineers to address some of the most interesting game security challenges out there. You will help us with researching and designing solutions applicable to the portfolio of Madden titles to prevent instances of cheating, botting, and tampering. You will report to a Director within the Security organization.
- Partner with development teams to develop game features that help minimize risk.
- Develop technical solutions to help detect and minimize game security vulnerabilities.
- Analyze and respond to security threats affecting the game experience for players.
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews.
- Communicate Security risk to technical audience and propose mitigation options.
- Work with internal technical teams and other partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Experience with modern Database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
Nice to Have:
- Technical leadership experience
- Shipped and supported AAA titles
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Knowledge of security best practices of at least one of the following: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Enterprise Security experience
- Worked on online games with virtual economy.
- Certification: CISSP, CEH, SSCP, or CCSP
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.