Security Operations Analyst
New York City, NY
6 months ago
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is on the lookout for talented Security Operations Analyst who possess a passion for Securing the Rockstar Environment. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of New York City.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Security team is responsible for protecting our players, employees and intellectual property.
- We support all Rockstar titles including Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption from malicious actors and insider threats.
- We work closely with many teams on enforcing and supporting our security monitoring platforms.
- Support the day to day operations of the security operations program.
- Develop and maintain incident response management policies and procedures.
- Monitor public security advisories and alerts for information related to threats and vulnerabilities to Rockstar information systems.
- Monitor/Tune/Support several security monitoring platforms (e.g. IPS/IDS, Next-Gen Firewall, Anti-Virus, WAF, DDOS, Vulnerability Scanner, etc.).
- Research and analyse security event data to identify potential security incidents.
- Provide support for incident response and vulnerability management efforts.
- Drive efforts to improve and further build out the security monitoring tools.
- Develop solutions for process automation wherever possible.
- Maintain knowledge of current security trends and be able to clearly communicate them to the team.
- Prepare detailed reports related to investigations and intelligence analysis.
- Assist in responding to emergency situations and security incidents.
- Assist in conducting investigations.
- Create reporting relevant to measuring the success of the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology Management, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a security operations or threat/vulnerability management role.
- Advanced knowledge of security control and monitoring solutions: IDS/IPS, SIEM, Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware, DDOS, WAF, MDM (Mobile Device Management), etc.
- Hands-on experience with security technologies from the following vendors preferred: Splunk, Palo Alto Networks, Sophos, Cisco Meraki, Zonefox, F5, A10 Networks
- Experience in a results-oriented, retail driven environment with strict deadlines and ship dates.
- Ability to apply very good technically oriented concepts to problem solving.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
- Self-starter; ability to motivate others.
- Experience with scripting and process automation.
- Ability to absorb extremely technical information in limited timeframes.
- Availability to work flexible hours, occasionally rotating shifts as necessary, working weekends, or working off hours.
- Intense thirst for knowledge.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience in malware analysis and forensics preferred.
- Industry certifications preferred (GCED, GCIH, CISA, CEH, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar New York recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.