Security Incident Management Engineer
10 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Security Incident Management Engineer
Job Summary: The Security Incident Management Engineer is passionate about the detection and prevention of security threats, integrating security tools into daily operations, security architecture, full stack security design, incident response, and cloud infrastructure.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Establish/review/test/communicate plans and procedures for Incident Management, to include Standard Operating Procedures for different incident types and broader enterprise-wide incident response plans.
- Develop and execute on roadmap to introduce new detection and response capabilities. Maintain and optimize existing capabilities to ensure continuous identification of security threats and events.
- Formulate KPIs to monitor the Incident Management program’s progress, to include program’s ability to reduce mean time to respond and mean time to detect.
- Oversee and manage the Security Operations Center function for the Information Security program and develop/execute roadmap of initiatives, which may include outsourcing.
- Provide security expertise and consulting to partner teams in Tech and across the enterprise.
- Monitor adherence to standards and recommend improvements as needed.
- Alongside the Information Security team, responsible for responding to and remediating security events / incidents.
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to ensure successful completion of our roadmaps and initiatives.
- Utilize agile methodology by making iterative progress toward achieving individual, team, and organizational objectives.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to Four (4) years of experience in Information Security.
- Three (3) to Four (4) years of experience in related technology functions, such as infrastructure/cloud engineering or software development.
- Working knowledge of Windows, macOS, and Linux/Unix tools, architecture, and security configurations/monitoring techniques.
- Investigating network, application, and host-based security events and incidents.
- Experience with log monitoring and correlating events from multiple security tools such as log engines, Net flow, host monitoring solutions, etc.
- Up to date with security attacks and latest security research.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational skills, ingenuity, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience working with security vendors and developing recommendations based on evaluating products and analyzing functionality.
- Offensive security experience with penetration testing and red team activities.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.
- Information Security certifications (CISSP, SANS GIAC, CISA, etc.) a plus.
- Offensive Security/Pen test certifications (OSCP, etc.) a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: TE.ICIO.P2
Internal Job Profile: Information Security Engineer (IC2)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.