This job might no longer be available.
1 day ago
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory , Mabinogi and Vindictus , which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
The Security Engineer is responsible for creating, maintaining and monitoring security logs for the overall infrastructure and game services including network, web application, game application, and other information systems. They must respond to any security incidents or emergency situations and must perform routine security inspections to identify any potential risks. The position must provide support for all security-related day-to-day operations.
- Detect and respond to company-wide security incidents
- Log analysis and Security forensics
- Develop and implement preventative security measures (detection, monitoring, exploitation)
- Incorporate current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research.
- Identify and mitigate complex security vulnerabilities before an attacker exploits them
- Engineer Cloud technologies to monitor and analyze(e.g. IDSes, Data collection tools)
- Communicate risks and mitigations across multiple audiences with varying levels of sensitivity
- Take part in the Security Operations on-call
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in web or cloud security engineering, log aggregation, and/or penetration testing
- 2+ years of direct experience with incident response
- Experience with log analysis systems
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Windows tools/architecture and logging systems
- Experience with Cloud Platform
- Experience with one or more programming languages (Preferred Python)
- Proficiency to communicate over a text-based medium (Slack, Email) and can succinctly document technical details.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Online game industry experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, and/or Azure
- Development experience especially security-related system
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.