This job might no longer be available.
Security Coordinator (Events)
Montreal QC ca
6 days ago
Part of the Security & Risk Management (SRM) team, the Event Security Coordinator works in collaboration with his direct manager, the international and local event teams and all security resources to ensure the proper planning, implementation and coordination of security for all internal and external corporate events, trade shows, and eSports events worldwide.
- Participate in developing and implementing a corporate events security program including a set of processes and guidelines;
- Collaborate with team members in the evolution of the scope and mandate; enhance and document existing processes whenever required; anticipate future needs and propose solutions accordingly;
- Coordinate security preparation, organization and operations (information and physical) at selected events in accordance with local laws and regulations;
- Conduct pre-event risk assessments when necessary; provide on-site security presence based on events sizes and needs; support event management teams in securing smaller events; collaborate with all other departments and teams to ensure optimal security;
- Act as an advisor of the Security and Risk Management team (SRM) with support and production teams for any daily request and the main point of contact for all security topics before, during and after the event;
- Oversee and assist in emergency procedures, including evacuations and/or first aid and perform on-site incident response activities during events under the scope of the team; act as a liaison with local law enforcement, fire department, client representatives, talents team, security and external agencies;
- Work with the implementation team to select, test, deploy and or adapt the necessary security tools and equipment such as CCTV, access controls, locks and other security materials dedicated to events; stay one step ahead by anticipating new security needs before they arise;
- Collect metrics and provide KPIs and recurrent status reports for the management; create reports & post-mortems and update our security practices accordingly; ensure long term mitigation of corporate events security risks through awareness and influence;
- Manage events through six main security focuses (Data security & confidentiality, physical security, guests & employees’ safety, crisis scenario planning, security awareness and security assessments);
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelors’ Degree and/or relevant security trainings;
- Degree, certification or training in event management;
- Knowledge of physical security principles (information/data security knowledge is an asset);
- BSP licence in security counselling is an asset (note that it will be mandatory for the role).
- 2+ years in events and/or physical security field or relevant experience;
- Experience in crowd management is an asset;
- Experience in project management is an asset.
- Methodic and result-oriented;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Business vision;
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation;
- Proactive and autodidact;
- Adapt quickly to change and make quick decisions;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Bilingualism (English/French);
- Be able to travel (national and international);
- Be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of times;
- Be able to lift and/or move some items up to 25 pounds (11 kg);
- Be able to work irregular and extended hours including evenings and weekends during events.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.