Security Analyst (Game Security)
Montreal QC ca
10 days ago
The Game Security team is looking for a Security Analyst to work in coordination with various teams and tackle IT Security challenges that are unique to the entertainment software industry.
Answering to the Security & Risk Management (SRM) department, the Security Analyst must be autonomous and self driven and will act as the SRM ambassador in the studio where he/she is based.
The main responsibilities are:
- Help define the anti-cheat and anti-piracy strategies in games productions environment;
- Vulgarize complex security issues & raise awareness to the project’s stakeholders (VP, producers, project managers, data managers, programmers, etc.);
- Help productions understand and follow the game security program;
- Monitor, detect & propose mitigations to potential risks brought forth by new technology;
- Counsel & propose security solutions considering business impacts;
- Ensure the proper scheduling & scoping of game security assessments for the projects on which he/she is assigned;
- On a day-to-day basis, answer questions regarding IT Security in production environments.
- Bachelor’s in computer science and/or;
- Technical or audit certification in computer security (CISSP, CISA, etc.);
- Professional experience in the IT Security field might be considered.
- Strong interest in the gaming industry;
- General knowledge of IT security, for instance:
- Software development security
- Security operations
- Security architecture
- IT risk management
- Communication and network security
- Asset security
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows internals;
- Ready to travel for work occasionally.
- Business oriented;
- Ability to use a pedagogical approach and communicate both technical and business concepts to all types of audiences, both technical & non-technical;
- Strong analytical and synthesizing skills;
- Ability to make decisions quickly in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate capacity for innovation;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to draft documents that are clear and well-structured;
- Have a keen sense of observation;
- Autonomy & sense of initiative;
- Fluency in English required (oral and written).
- Experience in creating & drafting corporate policies;
- Functional knowledge of a compiled programming language (C, C++, etc.);
- Functional knowledge of a scripting language (Python, Powershell, etc.);
- Experience in Auditing or Consulting;
- General knowledge of anti-piracy/anti-cheat technologies;
- General knowledge of online games design and architecture.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.