This job might no longer be available.
Seasonal/Contract Community Representative
Morrisville NC us
12 days ago
The Community Representative will be responsible for the day-to-day interaction with the fan base for several Ubisoft games and function as a shadow for the Community Manager(s). The ideal candidate is a creative and passionate gamer who is comfortable with online communities and social media, with excellent written communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a highly dynamic production environment with a distributed team.
Location: Must work in-office at Morrisville, NC, US location (no telecommuting).
Pay Rate: $14/hr
Hours: 1pm-10pm (Weekends required)
- 1-2 years experience in a community representative or customer service role.
- Experience in the video games industry a significant plus.
- Previous experience with user moderation and conversation management in a digital/online environment, including experience working with forums and social media management tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding of social media services, mechanics, and trends, especially Facebook and Twitter.
- Previous experience with customer first-contact and de-escalation.
- Strong organizational skills and an independent, self-motivated work style
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A passion for gaming.
- Collaborate with Community Developers and global and regional Community Managers to remain aligned on appropriate messaging for various issues/situations. Monitor global content calendar to identify when spikes in player contacts may occur.
- Communicate directly with the player base via the forums and social media channels, and ensure alignment of outbound communications. Help stimulate and moderate player conversations across these same channels.
- Develop an active and engaged relationship with players in the fan base. Assess the community’s pulse, understand community concerns, and communicate community status to internal partners.
- Create daily and weekly reports capturing a snapshot of overall community health. Report on areas of concern for the community, surfacing trending topics/threads, and escalating issues when appropriate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.