Scrum Master (Gaming) #927
7 days ago
Contract Length: 18 months
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
We are looking for a certified Scrum Master who has past experience in game development can drive adaptive, iterative improvements to our development process across the team. This person is a servant leader that acts as an ambassador and coach for Agile/Scrum values, identifies improvement opportunities across our processes, and guides execution of key Sprint ceremonies.
- Be an ambassador for Scrum values of commitment, courage, focus, openness, and respect.
- As a servant of our process, partner with Producers and discipline leads to identify and report gaps in our process framework.
- Imbed with development teams to surface team-specific challenges with our development process, create a mapping of up and downstream customers, and document assumptions we need to harden.
- Schedule, participate, and lead ceremonies for Sprint planning, kickoff, stand-up, review, and backlog grooming.
- Schedule and drive Sprint retrospective meetings across the team to surface potential future targets for process improvement, the state of current process change rollout, and the impact of recent changes to team health.
- Be a steward of our product backlog standards and practices to ensure confidence in our burndowns and analytics.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians .
- 4+ years of experience in game development is mandatory
- Scrum Master certification.
- Passion for building and executing adaptive process.
- Adept communication and interpersonal skills.
- Servant Leadership.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile software development methods such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean.
- Self-motivated, able to adapt and thrive in a quickly changing environment.
- Proficiency with Visual Studio Team Services, ADO, or similar bug database.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software – Outlook, Excel, and Project.
- Passion for first person shooters
- Familiarity with Xbox and Windows 10 Application Lifecycle
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits