Scriptwriter - Monetization
Montreal QC ca
8 days ago
As a screenwriter at Ubisoft Montreal, you will build with words and ideas a base that will allow players to live unique experiences and make decisions with a real impact on the game.
You create elements that contribute to the creation of a living and dynamic world. Whether it's a game focused primarily on storytelling or gameplay, you create content that makes sense of the characters, places and elements that make up the game world, and that helps players understand what they have to do.
What you'll do
- Name all the items related to monetization on a seasonal basis.
- Write game modes’ explanations related to our events (Pop-Up-Modal, rules, collections, challenges, etc.)
- Write playful texts for the special challenges of the seasons.
- Collaborate with the narrative and creative direction to understand the overall vision of the game.
- Launch and search for ideas + discuss your discoveries with collaborating teams.
- Work with other writers, designers and artists to develop coherent content (monetization, events, game world, patch notes, blog post, marketing, etc.).
- Create intriguing descriptions to sell our products.
- Make the required changes based on the comments made by the interdependent teams.
- The use of various programs to establish a database and synchronize it with the game.
What you'll bring
- A strong understanding of game design and development
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Curiosity, flexibility, and plenty of resourcefulness
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to feedback and to improvise
- English language proficiency
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best written work (attach writing samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.