Scriptwriter - Assassin’s Creed Brand
1 month ago
As a Scriptwriter at Ubi Quebec, you'll be a part of a collaborative team focused on creating a rich experience for players in an open world that allows them to make meaningful choices.
You will write and integrate narrative elements that make up a living, breathing, reactive world. You will craft content that gives purpose and emotion to the people, places, and things within that world.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the team to understand the overall game vision.
- Brainstorm and research ideas + discuss your findings with collaborative teams.
- Pitch your ideas, write proposals, outlines, and complete scripts to support story, quests, and gameplay elements.
- Master Oasis, Ubisoft’s proprietary writing tool and keep your story elements error-free.
- Create and maintain narrative documentation (character bios, location descriptions, item descriptions, etc.) to guide cross-functional teams throughout production. In certain cases, follow up on your content post-launch and rework it based on player feedback (improve, add, or remove narrative elements).
- Be open to feedback and willing to write, rewrite, proofread, polish, and repeat in the dynamic environment that game development requires.
- Be able to critically, constructively, and succinctly provide feedback to other team members in support of their script writing.
- Be able to act as a game narrative expert supporting other disciplines in art, audio, and design.
What you bring to the team
- A degree in Creative Writing, Literature, Film, or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of writing experience or related experience.
- Understanding of game design fundamentals and all stages of development.
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit.
- Curiosity, flexibility, and plenty of resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to feedback and to improvise.
- A willingness to relocate to Quebec City. We will have a flexible, hybrid WFH model, but your presence will be required in-office on a regular basis.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
- A variety of samples of your best work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio). These samples should total no more than 10 written pages. The samples should demonstrate your ability to tell a story, your knowledge of scene structure, dialogue, and characterization and how those elements apply to games. A demonstration of how you create dramatic branching choices a plus.
Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
*Please note that the response time and analysis of applications will be longer from December 20, 2021 to January 17, 2022 due to the holidays. Please be assured that your application will be considered and that a member of the recruitment team will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you and happy holidays.
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they have just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.