This job might no longer be available.
Script Writer (M/F)
Montreuil Île-de-France fr
7 days ago
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ live with original and memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
Being part of Montreuil production studio, you will join the production team of Just Dance!
The writer works closely with the development team to ensure coherence and quality as narrative content is integrated into the game.
Your daily missions :
- Reviewing all the texts of the game and define a tone. You will need to know idiomatic expressions and the nuances of the language a non-native speaker may not know.
- Translating the intentions and vision of the Directors into words
- Defining the tone of the game and the brand by building up a glossaire and editorial guidelines
- Writing guidelines to be shared with different disciplines involved in content creation so game designers can write the text related to their features more efficiently
- Providing or reviewing texts that are integrated in-game or in marketing material and review and adapt already existing content that will be used in the future
- Ensuring that all reference documents are up to date
- With the various production teams, supervising the integration of narrative content into the game
You’ll need to have in mind the inclusiveness aspect of Just Dance, as it will influence the texts of the game and the way we talk to the players.
- Native English speaker (if possible)
- Diploma of University or Master Studies in scriptwriting, literature, filmmaking, marketing or videogames
- Experience with scriptwriting or other relevant experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Rigorous and team working skills
- Knowledge of a game production cycle
This position (CDD) is available in October at Montreuil.
Ubisoft veille à développer un environnement de travail inclusif qui reflète la diversité de sa communauté de joueurs dans ses équipes.
En tant qu’employeur, Ubisoft offre à tous les mêmes opportunités d’accès à l’emploi sans distinction de genre, ethnicité, religion, orientation sexuelle, statut social, handicap et d’âge.