Screenshot Artist (12 month contract)
13 days ago
WE ARE DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As a Screenshots Artist you will be a part of the UI Art team and work side-by-side with content creators to capture screenshots from our games to be used in our in-game stores and on collectible items within the game.
You will work with the Art Directors and different production teams to establish both the brief and the final shot. You will oversee your work from start to finish, and have responsibility for shot composition, layout, lighting and rendering to achieve the final image. You will report to the Lead UI Artist.
You will also:
- Help estimate and plan the screenshot work needed for the project.
- Capture still images of 3D assets, such as characters, weapons, and vehicles in-game that fit the established briefs.
- Help establish and document the screenshot process to make it more accessible within the studio.
As a Screenshot Artist you are curious and always challenging yourself to find better ways of doing your work. While you will always have a team to work with and rely on, it is necessary that you can manage your work and communicate with your team to reach the desired outcome.
You also have:
- Experience with real-time game engines and an understanding of in-game photography.
- You understand composition and how to use common photographic principles in virtual environments.
- Experience with 2D and video packages such as Photoshop and After Effects
- You can dive deep technically while keeping track of deadlines and communicating progress.
- Know how to set clear priorities to complete tasks and can use wide brush strokes to prove a concept before spending time on the details.
- You are excited about learning new workflows and adding insight into the production processes.
Please note that this is a temporary contract position with a 12 month duration.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.