Scalar Director [Scalar]
11 days ago
In this role, you will be based in our Stockholm studio, reporting to the VP of Production Technology at Ubisoft. Your mission is to scale up our department and deliver this groundbreaking technology and be responsible for the strategic alignment of our product and technological vision. You will be managing and following up on our various department deliverables and infusing them with our core values for increased diversity and improved work-life balance.
You will be doing:
- Drive and own the development of our high-level roadmap & schedule by establishing relevant KPIs and project milestones
- Match development strategies with game production needs to identify relevant production priorities and scope
- Build, implement and communicate an effective structure for decision-making that can match and grow with our game production needs
- Collaborate with our Scalar Product and Scalar Technical Directors to align vision & roadmap (both product & tech) to ensure overall performance & quality of the platform
- Work closely with our Scalar Production Manager to ensure we have the best engineering processes, methods, and tools to achieve our deliverables
- Scale-up an international team of developers within our partner studios
- Manage, guide and coach the members of your team to follow up on key deliverables and provide relevant visibility to top management
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in a senior leadership role managing large-scale cloud technology with distributed real-time applications
- Proven knowledge of scaling technology teams in a global multicultural organisation
- Expertise in cloud platform development and familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies and engineering processes
- The ability to influence change, anticipate obstacles and find creative solutions to resolve them
- An increased sense of collaboration, bringing excellent interpersonal skills in all your communications (presenting, reporting, etc.)
- Flexibility to adapt to whatever your customers throw at you: you can modify any part of your plans according to new situations
- An understanding or great interest in the Video Game and Entertainment Industry
- An open mindset for innovative strategic thinking and have experienced the benefits of being a cultural ambassador with a strong sensitivity to local and cultural differences
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitmentand talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Are you interested in disrupting the gaming industry with cloud tech? Do you love to manage and improve how tech organisations work? Are you interested in disrupting the gaming industry with video games and what cloud tech can contribute to the industry? Then we’ve got a great opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Director to join us and play a significant role in leading our department for Scalar, a new technology leveraging cloud computing to enable unprecedented scale to vastly detailed game world simulations that wouldn’t be possible otherwise.
Please click here to find out more about Scalar.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.