Sales Operations Manager
7 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Manager is the central point of contact for all issues in assigned territory. They will work closely with their counterparts in Channel Sales to ensure efficient and accurate communications to ensure their retail partners are kept advised. They will also oversee the end-to-end sales order process from receipt of an order through to delivery with the local warehouse partner and handling any subsequent claims, issues, and disputes.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations EMEA, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and transparent management of the day-to-day ordering process for the for Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Northern or Southern European region markets to which they report. The Manager will also provide support to colleagues across the European team when needed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build strong relations with Commercial Planning team and Sales leaders.
- Collaborate with all other members on the Sales Operations organisation.
- Actively contribute to wider team development, and act as mentor within locally based team.
- Collation of all new release product data for retailers (logistics info/release date etc), sharing with Channel Sales (Commercial Planners) for provision to retail along with any sales-related data.
- Oversight and handling of all sales orders – from manual entry through to maintenance of orders received via EDI to ensure the correct SKUs and quantities are ordered.
- Review all orders to check they meet the SIE minimum order value and minimum pack size; and seek to optimise orders where feasible.
- Participate in reviews with external partners, for example Sony DADC.
- Work with third party systems where necessary (for example Amazon Vendor Central).
- Provide regular updates to the local Sales teams on issues or partner concerns relating to the order management process – incorrect volumes/allocations or pricing - working closely with the Commercial Planners to seek resolution to issues as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Regular liaison with Commercial Planners to ensure timely receipt of retail product allocations and reporting if retailers do not order in line with allocation or forecast.
- Communication of the delivery schedule of allocations/new releases to Channel Sales via the Commercial Planners
- Responsible for creating and reviewing all outbound deliveries (both new release product and catalogue SKUs) in SAP and ensuring dates are adhered to and planned with the EMEA warehouse partner(s) and the EMEA Logistics Team.
- Manage outbound truck co-ordination for direct and line haul deliveries across EMEA, maintaining data in Supply Stack.
- Handle initial retailer claims and potential disputes – and oversee and resolve any issues or discrepancies with the EMEA Warehouse partners and/or other internal partners including DADC;
- Inventory checking – initiate any required scrapping of obsolete or aged inventory.
- Creation and review of any Ops-related Internal Orders in SRM or SAP as required (Finished Goods Request process).
- Oversee and manage all after Sales Activities to include support and optimisation of our processes.
- Support Commercial Team (refers to GAS and France only) for managing and monitoring promotions where needed (contracts, declaration, formalise internal credit request).
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Supply Chain and/or Sales Operations based environment
- Excellent SAP skills within the Sales and Operations function is a must – ideally with S4 and within an international business environment.
- Strong verbal and written skills, confident in presenting data to others and explaining business process in English.
- Fluency is other European languages is a strong advantage – French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Dutch and/or Portuguese.
- Strong teammate who is flexible and an excellent communicator.
- Able to think laterally, scenario plan effectively and think on their feet while under pressure.
- Process-orientated and keen to challenge the status quo.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.