16 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for driven Sales Manager with a proven track record to help to bring ESports to everyone! You’ll lead a fast paced sales organization, deliver valuable new tools to game developers, and a new form of entertainment to players.
What You Will Do :
- Recruit, manage, train, and retain a high performing team of Account Executives
- Communicate and negotiate with a wide variety of game studios
- Set and meet Key Performance Indicators and Objectives and Key Results with the Sales leadership team
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the leadership team to identify unique revenue and content opportunities.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, consistently finding new ways to improve our process.
- Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics
- 5+ years of sales experience
- 2-4 years of sales management experience, ideally scaling teams in a fast paced environment
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual and team goals
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Salesforce, Powerpoint and Excel
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .