ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As the Director of Business Development -Mobile you will broaden our current relationships with our mobile clients, create new opportunities sourced from your large mobile gaming network, and develop a pipeline of business opportunities. In the office you will be a reliable resource for all employees by demonstrating your expert knowledge and sharing ideas. Outside of the office you will be a strong leader in your field with great communication skills. As an individual you are reliable, a self starter, and trustworthy.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary point of contact for global partners in designated markets.
- Approve and assist with negotiating strategic deals with developers and partners to increase Xsolla’s presence in assigned markets.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to grow the mobile gaming business.
- Analyze key partner metrics to understand the health of developer mobile businesses. Based on the metrics, gives direction to the team on any necessary changes.
- Ensure your clients success by interfacing closely with your reports and other departments.
- Create strategy to secure business and close deals.
- Advocate your ideas in a variety of environments while promoting your team members.
- Exceed expectations by tapping into your digital game expertise and network.
- Provide team with feedback, coaching, and development opportunities to help support the team member’s experience as well as to provide a foundation for professional growth.
- Assist with a variety of projects as business needs dictate.
- Serve as a conduit of information from corporate to the field.
- Navigate shifts and trends to develop plans for a successful future.
- Demonstrate everyday leadership by sharing accomplishments as a team, and inspiring those around you to strive for the best.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or similar field
- 8 + years professional experience
- Have lead teams in the past with successful metrics
- Must have a passion for games and/or prior experience in the game industry
- Strong network of gaming professionals
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Gaming industry knowledge
- Well connected and experienced in the industry, a large network of industry members
- Must be able to immediately handle a significant workload and effectively prioritize projects with a high degree of autonomy
- Effective time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Able to work with minimal supervision while achieving a high degree of accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Inspire and support the career development of your peers
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30%
- Experience with an entrepreneurial organization
Size and Complexity:
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities while maintaining a positive, professional image of the organization
- Define key performance indicators to set goals for and track the performance of our publishing efforts, and help your teams gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work
- Need to understand specific client needs and problem solve appropriately
Xsolla is the video game commerce company, powered by its Transaction Engine and Business Engine, that helps developers and publishers market, sell, connect and optimize their games globally. Serving only the video game industry, the Xsolla Transaction Engine powers the full suite of cloud-based tools to promote and monetize projects, while Xsolla Business Engine provides clients with the roadmap to maximize those tools, and connect them with industry partnerships to expand their business. The two work seamlessly together -- for businesses of all sizes, from indie to enterprise -- to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing and monetization so they can increase their audience, sales and revenue. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices worldwide, Xsolla operates as a merchant and seller of record for major gaming entities like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games and KRAFTON. For more information, please visit www.xsolla.com .
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age (over 40), Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deems by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to email@example.com.
L ongevity O pportunity V ision E njoy the game!