Sales Development Manager
13 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Global Store and Services brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
Commercial Management are responsible for driving revenue to PlayStation Store and Services from the indirect channel, retail. This is achieved through custom trade marketing solutions, local territory expertise, sales and customer data analysis, competitor reviews and collaboration with multiple internal teams, publishers and integrator partners.
Reporting to the Sales Development Senior Manager – Europe, the Sales Development Manager will own relationships with key territories and be responsible for the performance of Digital at Retail and Store and Services sales at territory level. Be an expert on market dynamics including products, performance, customer segmentation, insights, preference, and local market conditions all leading towards identifying incremental sales opportunities.
At a global level, the Sales Development Manager will proactively collaborate with counterparts on overall strategy and understand the holistic view of Store and Services performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Market specialist with the key goal to optimise PlayStation Store and Services and Digital at Retail, with accountability for UK, Ireland, Scandinavia, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Collaborate with key internal partners and identify outstanding plans and offers for territory using a 360-approach including forecasting, supervising performance, and post-mortem. Ability to articulate key findings and recommendations, both long term and tactical.
- Drive Store and Services revenue through execution of customized offers specific to market, customer segmentation, and local market conditions, ensuring delivery to Store and Services critical metrics.
- Deliver Digital at Retail (PlayStation top-up and Services cards in retail) revenue through market expertise and support in analysis for sales, campaigns, and retail investments, ensuring delivery to Digital at Retail KPIs.
- Key partner in expanding Store, Services, and Digital at Retail in opportunity markets - using data and insights to architect solutions specific to market conditions. Bridge the gap between physical and digital goods through market expertise and retail investments.
- Territory reporting responsibility including overall revenue, cost of finance, and ensuring local KPIs for Store, Services, and Digital at Retail are tracking to performance goals. Collaborate with teams to further optimize revenue or adjust planning and execution if necessary.
- Represent Commercial Management at territory meetings and be ready to occasionally present to Business Operations and global teams.
- Market specialist with full knowledge and understanding of the business, customers, market conditions (GDP, recession, digital preference), and competitors with a keen ability to find opportunities and maneuver through challenges and roadblocks.
- Within owned territories deliver efficient indirect merchandising bringing new titles, live services and campaigns to life all with the goal of driving revenue and conversion.
- Regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours in a global organization.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years in the digital industry within market / business development, commerce, and/or business operations.
- Hardworking - Creative and upbeat teammate who embraces change and a desire to continually improve.
- Commercial - Inventive in finding solutions to business problems. Solid ability to execute on strategic vision with a keen sense to activate tactical initiatives, simultaneously. Innate ability to understand and articulate market performance, analyze, and come to optimized business solutions including tailored promotions and campaigns.
- Data-centric and analytics driven with robust planning skills and commercially focused. Proven track record to interpret and analyze data with even stronger aptitude to articulate initiatives in lock step with longer term strategy.
- Agile - Ability to thoughtfully develop recommendations to constantly evolving market dynamics and conditions. Proven track record in applying various techniques to develop successful market strategies.
- Collaborative - Strong communication skills with a proactive attitude. Delivery focused. Forward thinking and proven experience in the ability to plan, collaborate, negotiate, and come to an efficient business solution. Work across teams and get great results.
- Mindful - Experience in working as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time zones. Flexibility and capacity to collaborate with global counterparts and global business operations.
- Experience working in/with UK, Ireland, Scandinavia, Australia, and New Zealand, preferred but not required.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.