Sales Compensation Manager
San Francisco, CA, United States
11 days ago
Unity Technologies is seeking a Sales Compensation Manager to provide value-add expertise to drive Unity’s global mission forward . This role is part of the People organization, and reports to the Head of Compensation & People Analytics. In general terms, the People organization empowers employees, strategizes with leaders, and builds the businesses to be successful and scalable. Within that, the Compensation team strives to innovate and drive results that help ensure Unity continues to pay and reward employees effectively.
Unity Technologies is a fast-paced company, filled with problem solvers - and the Sales Compensation Manager role is no different. You will proactively build partnerships, foster open dialogue, and provide creative solutions to issues in real time. You will lend critical analytical and technical support to the successful administration of sales compensation programs globally. You will review sales plan changes in the context of driving employee motivation and intent to stay, while also identifying global pay practices that may have impact on program effectiveness. You will own the end to end process for compensation survey participation. If you have passion around putting a critical lens to data and providing information to fuel business decisions, this role may be for you.
If you are analytically minded, has a knack for visualizing anything and everything, understands the business of people, is communication savvy, and a bit quirky. And above all - you ask questions and embark to answer them. Let's chat!
- Be a vibrant part of the Global Compensation team by supporting Unity’s global sales compensation programs including base pay, short and long-term incentives, and other reward programs
- Own sales compensation strategy & plan design process
- Build and deliver sales compensation training and communication
- Conduct market pricing analyses for sales roles across various organizations and countries to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and alignment to Unity’s compensation philosophy
- Build incentive compensation dashboards and reports to provide sales leadership with real-time visibility into compensation plan performance and effectiveness
- Lead/schedule/prepare Quarterly Sales comp review meetings to ensure we are incentivizing the right behaviors
- Collaborate cross functionally with HRBPs, Finance and Sales Operations to ensure commissions are paid accurately, budgets are done effectively
- Manage adhoc compensation analyses and processes
- Assist with global compliance by ensuring local statutory requirements related to employee compensation are adhered to
- Contribute in compensation and cross-functional HR projects as needed
- Extensive experience in Sales Compensation
- BA/BS degree in quantitative fields, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly makes heads-or-tails of data. In other words, data literacy
- Ability to communicate a message effectively whether it be in report, dashboard, via email, or in person
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high client expectations
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes
- Strong sense of personal accountability with the capacity to handle confidential information with discretion
- A curious self-starter with the ability to seek out the resources and answers needed to keep things moving
- Superhuman attention to detail
- Comfortable working in an unstructured work environment
- Global sales compensation experience
- Worked in a fast-paced SaaS company
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.