Director, Sales & Channel
Bellevue, WA, United States
2 months ago
NCSOFT is one of the leading gaming publishers in the world. At NCSOFT West, we manage the portfolio, initiatives and game services across the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Together we operate many of the most successful and influential massively multiplayer online games in the industry, welcoming hundreds of millions of players daily into exciting living worlds for extraordinary adventures.
NCSOFT West is currently seeking a talented, highly motivated, and passionate Director, Sales & Channel to join our team. This role interacts with multiple teams within NCSOFT globally, so adaptability, a can-do attitude and strong drive to get things done is imperative.
As the Director, Sales & Channel you will be responsible for owning and delivering global revenue forecasts and results across our games portfolio. You will work with every aspect of our fast-paced business, working closely with publishing leadership both operationally and strategically.
This important role requires a mix of strong commercial experience, relationship building, analytical skills and sales operations. Working closely with the SVP of Publishing, you and your team will oversee the forecasting, reporting, analysis and delivery of our revenue targets across both digital and retail, as well as managing key relationships with brick and mortar retail, platform holders and global distribution partners.
Key stakeholder relationships for this role include first parties, retailers, distribution partners, sales agencies, publishing and marketing leads, finance, and development partners.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Ownership of global physical retail and digital sales channels in order to achieve revenue and profitability targets
- Lead, nurture and manage an engaged, high performing internal and external sales organization
- Manage NCSOFT products and our retail sales agency and distributor relationships to ensure great execution in retail stores
- Build, maintain and leverage commercial relationships with first and third party digital storefronts to ensure the strong presence, promotion and sales of our products
- Own the forecasting process in collaboration with Publishing, Commerce and Finance
- Build a robust commercial reporting pipeline suitable for multiple audiences within NCSOFT
- Lead commercial analysis and use insights to help drive revenue generation and marketing initiatives
- Collaborate on SKU planning and pricing for launches and over the product and service life cycles with Publishing and Development to maximize revenue and profit, operational efficiency and the customer value perception of our brands
- Manage all aspects of sales operations, including the processes necessary for the efficient and cost-effective manufacturing and delivery of our products
- Champion change and process improvement when new opportunities arise in our rapidly evolving industry
- 8+ years of retail and/or digital sales or channel experience in games
- Proven track record of successfully launching products and managing product lifecycles
- Experience with sales forecasting, retail and partner management, business analysis, and sales operations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or related field (or equivalent experience); MBA preferred but not required
- Exceptional communication, organization, management, relationship and negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt to different working cultures and styles as well as an open, friendly and proactive communication approach with different stakeholders
- Highly collaborative and motivating leader and team player who is not shy to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to influence, inspire, and motivate at all levels within an organization where varying opinions are the norm
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Global travel is required
- Other games publishing and marketing experience is a plus.
This is a full time, on-site position at our offices in Bellevue, WA. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT West a great place to work.