This job might no longer be available.
SWQA Tester (3m FTC)
17 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
- Salary: £16,926
- Shift pattern – 4 days in, 4 days off – (8am-7pm)
Ensure all bugs are identified, thoroughly investigated and accurately reported
What you’ll be doing:
- Complete all required checks, as specified by regional project leader.
- Check released and newly submitted titles on firmware currently under development.
- Test new firmware features.
- Test prototype/pre-production hardware and peripherals.
- Report any/all problems found in firmware.
- Provide regular updates to team leader.
- Bug Testing
- Ensure all bugs are identified and thoroughly investigated
- Ensure all bug information, including classification, is accurately recorded and legibly written in preparation for the Team Leader to enter them into the database
- Check existing bugs against newer builds of firmware
- Make the Team Leader aware of any bugs found that may belong to another department
- Complete allocated work within given time-frames
- Provide accurate progress updates to direct line manager, when requested
- Ensure all relevant FQA procedures are followed
- Follow and complete all test cases provided
- Comply with departmental security policy at all times and be alert to any security issues that may occur
- Ensure company property is correctly treated and report any misuse to direct line manager
- Behave in an appropriate manner within the workplace.
- Keep up to date with all PlayStation Hardware
What we are looking for:
- Technical and Professional Knowledge – The ability to show, understand and bring an appropriate level of expertise to the role.
- Quality and Standards - The ability to achieve high standards and quality in work
- Creativity – The ability to innovate and establish creative solutions as and when needed.
- SIEE Awareness – The ability to show and apply understanding of the organisation to daily working life.
- Style and Impact- The ability to adapt behaviour appropriately to a range of different people.
- Managing Change- Able to adapt and excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Working with Others- Builds effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Team Skills - The ability to work collaboratively with others in order to achieve common objectives.
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Subsidised Café
- Access to secure cycle storage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.