This job might no longer be available.
SVP Finance - Americas
12 days ago
Job Posting TitleSVP Finance - Americas
SummaryReporting to the CFO & EVP Operations - Gaming the SVP Finance - Americas will serve as a critical member of the Aristocrat Americas leadership team and the corporate finance leadership team. S/he will function as the lead financial executive for this $2 billion in revenues region with responsibility for all financial operations including financial planning and analysis (FP&A), business decision support, accounting and reporting, and controls. Given the scale and scope of the region and its importance to the company’s overall results, representing close to half of overall revenues, the role will have significant exposure to the executive management team.
In addition to management of the business plan, the SVP Finance - Americas and his/her team will provide financial insights that will drive strategic decisions, financial forecasts, and operating plans. S/he will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities for Aristocrat Americas. This executive will drive financial performance through high-quality decision support and FP&A, including overall P&L, sales and margin management, and close control over cost and expense management. This position requires the SVP Finance, Americas to be an exceptional business partner, responsible for challenging and supporting the business, increasing Aristocrat’s ability to anticipate business issues, and driving informed decision-making through sound financial management. The successful candidate must have the ability to function in a matrixed environment at a broad-based, strategic level while being capable of driving detailed, tactical execution.
What you'll do
- As a strategic thought leader, serve as the right-hand thought partner to the President, Americas and business unit leadership by identifying areas to strengthen the operations and performance of the business and assess both short-term and long-term risks and opportunities.
- Continue the ongoing transformation initiatives ongoing within the Americas region and the company at large, by driving forward Aristocrat’s transformation agenda as well assessing additional areas of opportunity for the company.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a new global finance operating model that will deliver significant short and long-term improvements across finance’s processes, systems, and tools.
- Develop, lead, organize, and manage a high-functioning Americas Finance department. Ensure that the Finance team is briefed on their mandate and accountable in supporting Aristocrat’s performance and success.
- Together with the management team, embody a culture of humility and high performance, all while driving initiatives forward with a progressive cadence to stay ahead of the company’s ambitious agenda and plans for growth.
- Drive a strategic talent plan, to ensure the development of Aristocrat’s finance talent while also hiring strategically across key functions needed to deliver upon Aristocrat’s growth plans.
- Develop, recommend and establish the short-term and long-range financial plans for the Americas region consistent with corporate strategy and corresponding initiatives for the growth of the business. Provide leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of financial short-and-long-term strategic objectives.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and tracking of the Americas region budget and short-and-long-term planning processes. Establish timelines, provide support to the Aristocrat Americas leadership team and operational leaders, and hold business leadership accountable for delivery against targets and business objectives. Investigate and resolve variances in budgets, reporting, controls, and accounting.
- Lead the process to accurately forecast results and ensure that all stakeholders have the appropriate tools to forecast results both internally and externally. Stir innovation and improvement of the financial planning and analysis processes and rigor to provide even higher value-added decision-making support to leaders across the region and the organization.
- Provide creative insights, implications, and recommendations about current and future financial trends and areas for improvement, focus or investment. Ensure that commercial ambition is balanced with effective and rigorous cost management.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place supporting compliance with IFRS, US GAAP, ASX requirements and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
What we're looking for
- A proven conceptual and strategic thinker who is capable of distilling, packaging and presenting complex information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- individual must be seen as a strong business person who knows how to partner with senior executives and guide change.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry. The successful candidate will also bring with him/her immense curiosity; challenging the status quo and stirring innovative approaches to Aristocrat’s existing processes and operations.
- The ability to effectively balance the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, to create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful
- Further, as a key bench / succession role for the CFO & EVP Operations - Gaming, strong experience in a broad range of functional disciplines including Sales, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Sourcing / Procurement, Demand management and Strategy would be seen as a distinct advantage.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.