SMITE - FX Art Intern
12 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is now accepting qualified FX Art Intern applicants for our Summer Internship Program at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia on SMITE!
This will be a paid, seasonal employee. The deadline to submit all application materials is Feb 28, 2021. Internship selections will be made and announced by April 1, 2021, with the Intern work program starting mid-May, 2021, ending mid-August, 2021 (actual dates to be determined).
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE; Paladins; Realm Royale; Tribes: Ascend; and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our FX Artist Interns do:
- Work closely with our artists, animators, designers and programmers to implement effects.
- Assist in developing visually stunning particle and shader effects within the defined visual style.
- Assist in creating assets such as textures, models and shaders relevant to visual effects art.
What we are looking for:
- Must be able to travel effectively to and from studio on a daily basis.
- Must be currently enrolled in (documented as a "Junior" or higher grade level) - or recently graduated of - an accredited college, university, or school of art. Currently carrying or graduated with a G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher (and provide documentation).
- At least one professional Letter of Reference from a manager, supervisor, professor or instructor; outlining how they know you, and why you should be considered for this position.
- Current resume.
- Cover letter.
- Portfolio and/or Website displaying applicable work.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Good communication skills, and a team player.
Even Better Candidates:
- Technical knowledge of effects generation using Unreal Cascade (or a comparable engine).
- Experience with 3D Studio Max and Photoshop.
- Must be able to handle an ever changing environment and tasks with positivity & excitement.