3 days ago
Job Posting TitleSIT Engineer
SummaryWe are looking for a Test Engineer to join our Software Integration and Test (SIT) team in our Reno, NV office. As a Test Engineer, you will be involved in testing various games designed and developed by D&D Games, along with being responsible for developing test plans and the design and execution of test cases for slot machine games and related products.
What you'll do
- Works as a member of Software Integration and Test (SIT) team that will be involved in testing various games designed and developed by D&D Games.
- Works with SIT Manager and SIT Team Leads in preparing Test plans, and execution of test plans.
- Designs and executes test cases based on the scope of the project, and/or as requested by Test Team Leads.
- Works closely with Game Development team that includes Game Designers, Artists, Software Development Engineers to resolve issues found during execution of SIT test cycles.
- Troubleshoots and debugs the code to find the root cause of the issues and provide detailed information to the development team.
- Learns quickly and adapts to the environment as required by the Test team’s demands.
- Modifies game code to trigger features as required by testing objectives to achieve desired test coverage.
- Prepares and modifies game code so that game runs in automated fashion for extended periods of time
- Generate game builds on production media with platform and core code for debug and production environments, and configures the EGMs without supervision.
- Modifies game code to collect memory metrics, core dumps etc. using the tools and frameworks provided by Platform and/or Game Development teams.
- Follows guidelines set by SIT management to plan, execute tests to support business.
- Suggests ideas to improve the overall testing process in terms of tools, processes, test cases etc.
- Mentors new or junior level test engineers with the processes, games setup, and understanding of overall testing objectives set for SIT team.
- Communicate effectively with Development and QA teams throughout the testing phase of the assigned game(s) and takes ownership of the game’s testing aspects until game is thoroughly tested and submitted.
- Automates and maintains the test cases using the standards recommended by Test Management team
- Identifies opportunities for software automation, including test cases.
What we're looking for
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or its equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in software test engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and execution of testing activities for gaming products.
- Demonstrated experience in debugging and troubleshooting C and C++ code using tools such as GDB and DDD.
- Demonstrated experience in using Source control systems particularly Subversion in both Linux and Windows environment.
- Experience with C/C++ programming desired.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux desired.
- Experience with Agile methodologies desired.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Prior experience in the casino gaming industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work independently and be team oriented.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/work station and respond to written and oral cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment.
- May be required to bend, reach and lift up to 25 lbs.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.