SENIOR - Lighting Artist
10 days ago
As a Lighting Artist at Ubi Qc, you will add the last layer of detail to beautify 3D environments and craft a cohesive, vibrant, and immersive world. Every choice you make, from colour to contrast, influences and inspires emotions and encourages players to engage in what will be a memorable gameplay experience.
With an artistic yet technical eye, you seamlessly and strategically manipulate lighting to draw the players’ eyes to key areas and subtly show them the way. You are the players’ silent travel companion, – their intuition, even – helping them navigate while experiencing the moods and ambiances you’ve created.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the art team to develop the look and feel of a game;
- Find visual references based on the artistic and technical directions;
- Set up light sources to support narrative elements and gameplay progression;
- Light game environments, characters, and cinematics to direct the players’ attention, set the emotional tone, communicate atmosphere and plot details, etc.;
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints;
- Document and share your lighting design knowledge and best practices;
- Refine your integrated lighting effects based on feedback received from interdependent teams, debugging when need be.
What you bring
- A college diploma in Fine Art, Visual Effects, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset);
- Experience in lighting, texturing, image processing, or other relevant experience (photography, computer graphics, or pre-rendering an asset);
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and familiarity with 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max) + game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal);
- A solid understanding of art fundamentals (composition, space, colour theory, form, etc.);
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it;
- Excellent observation, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- A creative and collaborative spirit;
- Aesthetic sensitivity and a keen eye for even the subtlest of details!
What to send us
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills and a portfolio of your achievements.
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio).
Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.