SDK Software Engineer
11 days ago
We are looking for a software engineer to join our SDK team in the deltaDNA division under Unity.
The deltaDNA team provides services into the games industry, helping developers and publishers of games to engage with their player base in greater detail. Using our innovative analytical tools to understand player behaviour, our clients can then create the best in-game offers and perks. These tools help to create a better all-round gaming experience for gamers which in turn helps to drive commercial success.
This is an opportunity to be a member of an innovative product team that will define a new standard for live operations in the games industry. You will be collaborating with your team to design and develop SDKs for multiple platforms including Unity, iOS, and Android. You will have the opportunity to make an impact on developers' lives, building SDKs that are being used in thousands of mobile games to provide insightful data for our analytics platform and to provide powerful customizable player engagement mechanisms so that developers can spend less time dealing with the mechanics of operating a live game and more time making their vision become a reality.
What you’ll be doing
- Operate with a high level of autonomy to deeply understand the needs of our users and clients and then plan, design, and build features that best serve those needs, using lean and agile methodologies
- Collaborate with our support team to help clients integrate SDKs into their game
- Build multi-functional relationships with other teams to enable them to work on our existing SDKs and develop new SDKs across multiple platforms.
- Holding yourself and others accountable to quality by developing features with the right combination of unit, acceptance, end-to-end tests and documentation
What we’re looking for
- Expertise in extending the Unity Editor and C#
- Expertise in working with large codebases and interfacing with complex systems
- Experience in API design and integrating the backend API’s
You might also have
- Experience building and shipping a game using Unity
- Expertise with package managers, such as npm or Nuget
- Proficiency using Unity's Data-Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS)
- A passion for creating usable, polished and enjoyable user experiences
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.