SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
1 month ago
A world-class partner to the games industry, trusted to deliver the highest quality services with passion, expertise and agility
To serve our partners by enhancing the experience of gamers across the world through our passionate and expert team.
Quality, Passion, Agility, Customer Intimacy, Teamwork
Over the last 20 years Universally Speaking has built a reputation as a trusted partner in supporting studios to make some of the world’s greatest games and applications.
Games are only great when you step forward and bring your best skills to the team. Are you ready for your challenge?
You will be essential in helping us transition to an automated test offering for high profile clients around the world.
You’ll have a passion to get things right, excellent attention to detail, a thorough approach, and extensive prior experience in test automation for games using Unreal Engine, Unity, and other platforms.
As the SDET on the team you’ll show others how to automate effectively, create and provide training materials and establish industry best practice.
· Delivering best in class test automation scripts in required technology stacks for a variety of projects.
· Working with IT and HFQA to establish frameworks and repository systems in line with client and business expectations.
· Helping to define the path for Quality Assurance personnel to reach Quality Engineering roles through test automation.
· Ensuring teammates follow agreed best practice for test automation and coding at Universally Speaking through coaching, mentoring, and reviewing submitted work.
· Recording bugs in a variety of industry standard bug databases depending on client.
· Working with Project Managers and Lead QAs to give sensible estimates and expectations for team performance.
· Create automated test cases, execute test plans and report on your findings in line with industry standards and best practice.
· Review other QA’s automated tests and work with them to improve both the script and the creator’s skills.
· Participate in test requirement gathering with developers to ensure appropriate coverage and build the understanding required to test the software properly.
· Work with your colleagues to overcome challenges faced day-to-day.
· Be a point of contact for teammates looking for support and guidance on the challenges they face.
· Provide feedback to your team and suggestions for improvements in the way we work.
· Speak up for the QEs in your team when they have concerns or need help.
Measures of Performance
- Speed and value returned on completing requested tasks
- Development of QA personnel assigned to you to learn
- Written quality, precision, and relevant information provided in reports
- Quality of created automated test scripts and coverage provided.
- On time delivery.
- Team working and communication.
- Pro-active support and issue resolution for QA teammates.
- Knowledge of QA workflow and techniques.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 7:30am - 3:30pm, 37.5 hours the week.
A fixed-term contract for 3 to 6 months initially, permanent contract available subject to performance.
This role could be based either in our facilities located in Liverpool City Centre, Renshaw Street or in our offices located in The Knowledge Centre Wyboston Lakes, Great N Rd, Wyboston, Bedford
Knowledge and Skills
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Are passionate about video games.
- Have experience in software testing and know how to overcome common challenges.
- Have solid experience in test automation for games titles, using Unreal Engine or Unity at Feature, Stress and framework level.
- Knowledge of C++ or comparable programming language, and testing thereof.
- Capable of mentoring, coaching, and training test teams in new skills.
- Able to create effective training programmes for non-automation trained personnel.
- Are a quick learner and highly adaptable.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Have an inquisitive mind.
- Are a team player, with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Are pro-active, tenacious, and enthusiastic.
- Are reliable and able to maintain consistent standards.
It’s really useful if you have done some of the following but if not, we can teach you:
- Prior experience coaching and mentoring
- Prior experience developing training courses
- Experience building client engagements directly
- Been involved in Compatibility & Compliance QA
- Used version control software, issue task tracking or project management tools
- Experience in using Jira
- Experience in agile development methodologies
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- The chance to help develop gaming industry best practice test automation
- Training and support with career goals
- Lunch and Learns
- Wellbeing Portal including Live Chat and Support
- Mini Health checks
- Access to Counselling and structured therapy
- Online CBT
- Perks and Discounts
- Social events and celebrations
- Did we mention new unreleased games?