SDE, Game Server
14 days ago
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Games, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, and our upcoming The Lord of the Rings MMO. Amazon Games is also delivering great game benefits to Prime members each month via Prime Gaming, and providing game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
This role is contributing directly to one of the most ambitious games in the industry. New World is an Open World MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration. Success in New World ultimately depends on a player’s ability to conquer not only rival players, but Aeternum itself, as it unleashes undead legions, hell-bent on purging them from its shores. New World stands apart from other games in the genre by offering massive siege battles, thrilling supernatural invasions and a stunning and diverse natural setting
Please have a look at our New World Trailer at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKnUBs-Ko44&feature=youtu.be
What you'll do:
· Design, develop, and maintain a highly distributed, scalable multiplayer environment using high quality C++ code
· Monitor, measure, and improve system stability, performance, and developer iteration time
· Be an advocate for players and developers: Insist on the highest standards, drive to operational excellence, help create functional and engaging customer-centric features
· Leverage AWS-based solutions that will solve the needs of the game development, publishing, customer service, and live operations teams
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent background in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture
· 5+ years experience in C++ network or game server programming
· Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of current systems
· A passion for video games
· Professional experience working on PC games
· Experience working on an authoritative real time multiplayer game server
· Knowledge of modern C++, up to C++17
· A good understanding of Windows or Linux network stacks
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.