SAP Basis Engineer
San Francisco, CA
8 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The SAP Basis Engineer operates SAP and related infrastructure.. You will ensure a stable runtime environment by designing and harmonizing system infrastructures in a standardized way. You will implement new SAP systems and infrastructure in collaboration with leadership, along with identifying infrastructure needs and implement optimizations. You will report to the Director of Corporate Engineering.
- Maintain proficiency in SAP system installation, configuration, and administration
- Perform sizing of systems and prediction of system growth
- Perform performance troubleshooting and help resolving essential incidents.
- Perform administration of SAP S/4 HANA, SAP Netweaver and Unix systems.
- Perform HANA system backups, HANA system replication and maintain and configure high-availability environments.
- Provide guidance on automations, shell scripts and other functions as needed .
- Perform SAP applications and HANA upgrades to latest stack
- Maintain disaster recovery components of SAP and boundary solutions.
- Implement HANA dynamic tiering, ILM or other data archiving solutions.
- Implement SAP applications like Solution Manager and configure Solution Manager for functions to maintain any SAP S/4 environment.
- Experience in configuration, Integration of single sign-on, SSL certificates, SAP Web-Dispatcher.
- Create technical documentation and knowledge-based articles.
- Perform administration of SAP Fiori, UI5, SAP Gateway technologies perform routine performance checks.
- Provide recommendations on architecture and configuration
- Become a trusted adviser for business requests and implementation
- Identify, test, pilot, rollout, and maintain the best technical solutions for business processes
- Perform problem and risk management (establish risk - incident/project) for focus area
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, EFS, RDS, and DirectX
- General knowledge of web server components such as Apache Tomcat, WildFly, IIS, and Apache HTTPD
- General knowledge Java programming language and JSP
- Proficiency in Linux server administration including shell scripting.
- General knowledge of datacenter components like servers, networks, and operating systems
- Document issues and communicate topics with associated team members
- Experience working in a global environment
- Experience understanding functional business requests and translate them into technical requirements
- 3+ years of direct experience in a related field
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or experience in related field will meet the education and related experience requirements listed above
- Knowledge of databases including Oracle, MS SQL, and My SQL
- Experience building and testing your user-facing projects
- Experience working with security teams to build secure solutions from the design-phase
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.