Rules & Compliance Analyst II - Esports
13 days ago
The Esports team is focused on delivering amazing fan experiences through our global events and regional competitions. Our professional and semi-professional competitive tiers in League of Legends, VALORANT and Wild Rift involve thousands of players and hundreds of organizations competing every week.
You will report to the Sr. Manager, Competitive Operations, and be part of the Competitive Operations team. You will join an influential team and help govern our Riot Esports properties globally.
You will support the Sr. Manager, Competitive Operations , esports, in updating and centralizing the Riot Games’ Esports Global Compliance program and assisting with its daily execution; Together with the Sr. Manager, Competitive Operations, esports, you will be directly involved in investigations and disciplinary proceedings relating to infringements of Riot Games’ esports competitive regulations and manage the administrative process (including. drafting memos and rulings, seeking additional evidence, archiving, organizing, managing procedural calendars, etc.); You will be actively participating in the drafting of esports regulations by organizing, attending and documenting working sessions with international teams and will be tasked to define and execute projects. You will play a critical role in supporting the Competitive Operations team on a variety of administrative and operational tasks.
You must feel comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, where rules and processes are continuously redefined in response to the ever changing product and player needs . You will have the opportunity to build new working methodologies that will have a global impact across all Riot esports, and collaborate in an international environment where flexibility, critical thinking, a positive attitude, entrepreneurial personality and problem-solving mindset are just as important as experience.
- Handling investigations and disciplinary proceedings, while ensuring their proper administration
- Maintaining Riot Games’ esports global case database
- Synthesizing case data and compile global compliance reports
- Keeping track of changes in legal frameworks and providing timely updates on these changes
- Managing the compliance mailbox and procedural calendars
- Coordinating and documenting global regulatory working sessions
- Drafting various governance and procedural documents such as procedural communications, rulings, policies, etc.
- Managing and executing other esports compliance related projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferably a pre-law program
- 3+ years of proven working experience in the legal or administrative field ( for e.g., as a paralegal, preferably in courts, arbitration and/or sports organization)
- Experience in dealing with disciplinary or integrity matters, preferably within traditional sports or esports
- Highly organized and strong administrative skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience in project management
- Ability to work independently
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Reading comprehension, written and oral communication along with attention to details are critical skills
- Expert proficiency with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Paralegal certification or other legal education
- Experience working within an international environment
- Fluency in additional language(s) beyond English, such as Mandarin, Cantonese or Korean
- Knowledge of the global esports ecosystem
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.