Rogue Company - Lead 2D Artist
14 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a lead 2D Artist / Illustrator to join our Rogue Company team at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
We are looking for a skilled artist with great communication and organizational skills. The person in this role will help give initial direction, provide constant feedback, and keep an eye on the quality of the various 2D art and graphics used in game and marketing. Examples of assets include key art showing off the character’s personality, character portraits for UI, and banner graphics for player’s to show their individuality.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Lead 2D Artists do:
- Drive the visual direction of our 2D assets alongside the Art Director.
- Work directly with artists (onsite and outsourced) to ensure smooth asset production, delivery, and quality through the pipeline.
- Create style guides and other benchmark assets that help articulate or inspire visual direction
- Occasionally provide initial direction sketches & finaling of art
- Work closely with Directors to ensure the final art supports the product brandFoster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department
- Communicate any major roadblocks to the team.
- Asset types to own : major marketing art pieces like Rogues key art, seasonal box art, and other high visibility marketing pieces. As well as 2D assets in game like sprays, banners, avatars, and Rogue portraits.
Who we are looking for:
- 5-7 years of experience in crafting 2D artwork for games, film or animation.
- Incredible communications and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage and mentor growing artist by initiating training for junior artists
- Strong illustration and / or concept art skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with popular 2D and 3D applications, such as Maya, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Able to motivate artists and collaborate well with other developers in a team environment
- Able to excel in an exceptionally fast paced product release schedule
Preferred candidate has:
- Unreal 3 / Unreal 4 experience
- 3D modeling pipeline experience