Rogue Company - 2D Artist
9 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an 2D Artist / Illustrator to join our Rogue Company team at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
We are looking for a skilled artist to help ideate, execute, and bring in on much of our 2D assets. You will have opportunities to unleash your creative energy, work collaboratively with a large team, and be involved with an amazing game dev team. You will be working closely with other artists, mimic multiple artistic styles, make modifications to existing art, and working to maintain a high standard in the company’s 2D presentations. You will create dynamic interesting illustrations with strong composition and colors, featuring both characters, objects and environments. Examples of assets include key art showing off the character’s personality, character portraits for UI, and banner graphics for player’s to show their individuality.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our 2D Artist do:
- Work closely with our Art Director to create visually compelling illustrations to be used in-game and for marketing
- Create multiple sketches based on a single concept or brief
- Creating dynamic illustrations featuring characters, objects, and environments
- Create icons, UI elements and other 2d art needs
- Follow style guides to hit different looks and needs, with painted realism on rendered models being key
- Communicate with the team as work is done
- Integrate the art pieces into game with P4 and UE4
Who we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in crafting 2D artwork for games, film or animation.
- Incredible communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent traditional art skills with a strong grasp of composition, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment and characters
- Ability to mimic multiple artistic styles
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work quickly and precisely in a fast-paced environment, and keep tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at the same time
- Have a proactive work ethic and desire to learn
- Demonstrated proficiency with popular 2D and 3D applications, such as Maya, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Painter, etc.
Preferred candidates have:
- Unreal 3 / Unreal 4 experience
- 3D modeling pipeline experience