This job might no longer be available.
Risk Agent - Canada
21 days ago
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As a Risk Agent you will be responsible for real time monitoring of transactions on our Pay1st payments platform to safeguard the organisation from fraudulent activity. Working closely with departments from Customer Success to Product, you will use your subject matter-expertise to analyze a range of data to identify suspicious activity and inform new fraud rules.
- Conduct daily reviews of suspicious transactions to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent activity
- Identify fraud patterns through the monitoring and evaluation of high-risk transactions
- Verify KYC documents to establish legitimacy of customers
- Liaise with 3rd party Payment/fraud providers for investigations linked to customers chargebacks and high risk transactions
- Support to the creation of fraud rules to protect the Company
What makes you a great candidate?
- +3 years' experience in a Fraud and Risk role within E-commerce or Online Gaming
- Hands on experience analysing and processing KYC verification documents
- Ambitious, hard working, detail-oriented with an analytical mindset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels
- Willing to work on a rotational shifts, including weekends and Public holidays
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa