This job might no longer be available.
Rigging and Simulation Artist - Temp
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
3 days ago
Job Title:Rigging and Simulation Artist - Temp
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated and experienced character TD combined with a character FX artist to join its award winning cinematics department. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated artist who has built rigs and is capable of maintaining a high level of visual and technical quality for all characters. The artist must also be able to assemble simulation rigs for hair and cloth, run shot simulations and perform character cleanup. You must have an understanding of anatomy, muscles, cloth/hair behavior, and be familiar with a scripted environment. This artist must be attuned to the needs of a production pipeline and those of the animators we support. Our team works in an intensely art driven environment and the candidate must be able to work collaboratively with other departments including modeling, animation, FX, and lighting.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- 3+ years’ experience rigging characters in Maya, or similar software
- Knowledge of character kinematics, deformations, and topology
- Knowledge of character pipeline and workflow techniques
- Knowledge of generating cloth/hair rigs and create art directed shot simulations
- Experience in Python, MEL, C/C++, or other programming languages
- Proficiency in technical problem solving
- Demo reel online (preferred) showing rigging and simulation proficiency
- Some knowledge of layout, modeling, surfacing, rendering and animation tools and workflows currently used in the industry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge on subjects such as 3D tool development and pipeline design.
- Ability to generate tools to facilitate the rigging and simulation pipeline
- Passion for Blizzard Games and Cinematics.
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Link to reel and/or portfolio with samples of work and descriptive breakdown of contributions.
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location : United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.