This job might no longer be available.
Rigging Supervisor / Senior Technical Artist
2 days ago
Rigging Supervisor / Senior Technical Artist ( EA Create : Rigging )
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We’re a diverse team that is unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
EA Create Rigging, the versatile team mostly based between Vancouver, Canada, and Orlando, Florida is best known for creating amazing work in titles such as Football Club, Madden, UFC, Plants Versus Zombies, Apex Legends, Dead Space, and Battlefield to name a few; and we're looking for a Rigging Supervisor to guide direction on upcoming titles.
The Rigging Supervisor is a primary member of the department’s technical leadership. Working with other Rigging Supervisors you will help oversee the department and report directly to the Rigging Technical Art Director. You will be responsible for multiple projects, being a point of escalation without daily production support being your main focus.
- Technical oversight of the projects under your guidance
- Regular check ins with Artists, Leads and Production to support their needs
- Lead improvements within the Rigging space, both visual and technical
- Collaborate with department technical leadership to align development
- Define and estimate tasks / deliverables
- Collaborate with our client partners
- Mentor a diverse team of artists and technicians
- 6+ years experience with multiple shipped Game Titles or VFX / Feature Animation
- Experience working with Technical, Creative, and Business Partners
- Background in rigging and skinning complex assets
- Expertise in Maya
- Proficient scripting experience with Python tool building and PyQT / PySide
- Knowledge of animation principles and human anatomy
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Game Engine Experience (Commercial or Proprietary)
- 3D Math Experience
- Houdini Experience
- Maya API Familiarity
- Facial Rigging Experience
- Motion Capture Familiarity
- Knowledge of C++