This job might no longer be available.
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
6 months ago
Does the challenge of creating an exciting AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at Wargaming UK you have the chance to join a new creative project at the early stages of game development. You can leave your mark on the game and be part of creating something truly unique.
We are self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
See what press are saying about our new project:
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Lead Animator and Lead Technical Artist to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
They will need to possess excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team and studio culture
Applications without animation showreel will not be considered .
The Senior Environment Artist will report to the Lead Animator
What will you do?
- Create exceptional rigs and systems for characters, creatures, vehicles and props.
- Collaborate with artists to ensure models satisfy technical requirements for rigging.
- Work closely with animators to develop efficient and user-friendly animation rigs.
- Create and maintain tools to support the asset creation process.
- Help design, construct, document and implement pipeline procedures.
- Prototype new techniques and processes.
- Help support off-site development partners.
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years technical art experience in the gaming industry with a focus on rigging.
- At least 1+ published games.
- High level of knowledge of rigging, techniques and responsibilities.
- Ability to work simultaneously across a variety of software packages.
- Exceptional knowledge of Maya.
- Significant Unreal 4 development experience, including using cloth and physics systems.
- Experience making tools and supporting processes to aid the asset pipeline.
- Python scripting experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills.
- A great understanding of human and creature anatomy.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets.
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management.
What additional skills will help you out?
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- BA in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Samples of your work displaying unique rigging techniques.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!